Risk Assessment Tools – Who should be tested for LTBI?
- California Department of Public Health – California Adult Tuberculosis Risk Assessment
- California Department of Public Health – California Pediatric Tuberculosis Risk Assessment
- The Risk Assessment tool suggests 3 groups for LTBI testing: individuals born outside of the U.S., those who are immunosuppressed (e.g., HIV, TNF alpha inhibitor use, steroids, organ transplant), and close contacts of positive TB cases
- California Tuberculosis Controllers Association – California Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment
- Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services Bureau of Communicable Disease Control and Prevention – Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment Form
- Wisconsin Department of Health Services – Wisconsin TB Risk Assessment and Symptom Evaluation
- Rutgers Global Tuberculosis Institute – Screening for Latent TB Infection (LTBI) Video
Screening Guidelines if Testing is Unavailable
- TB Controllers – Tuberculosis Symptom Screening Questionnaire to be used During PPD (Purified Protein Derivative) Shortage
- With the shortage of TB skin tests, this form is to be used for persons who are required to have TB screening for employment, post-secondary educational institution admission, long term residential care admission, correctional facility intake, or fulfillment of other statute or regulation. It is administered by clinicians in lieu of the skin test.